Confession: I’m not a HUGE sports fan. I actually like to tell Bill I cat-fished him by being so cool and liking sports when we first started dating. In reality I enjoy going to sporting events and going to bars to watch games, but I wouldn’t call myself a huge fan. What I like more is the whole sports culture; cheering and getting excited about games, having more reasons to spend time with friends, Sunday Fundays, and of course the food. I might not know the names of many of the players on the different teams but I sure do know how to have fun watching a sporting event!
Which brings me to probably the most important thing needed to have fun at ANY sporting event, good food. If you’re planning to host friends for a Sunday Funday to watch what feels like one of the thousand games on (teasing…kind of) then you’re going to want to make great appetizers to really make everyone happy. However, Sunday mornings are meant to sleep in and relax so who wants a really complicated recipe? Not me for sure! That’s why I love anything that is super easy to make andddd can be made ahead of time.
I’m going to a football game in November and since I won’t be able to chat about the actual teams I figured I would do the next best thingand bring food with me. There will be a grill there but I wanted to bring something I could make ahead and wouldn’t need to be heated. I kept trying to brainstorm ideas and was coming up blank. Then, the other day Bill and I got buffalo chicken rolls from the pizza place and it got me thinking. Everyone always loves our classic Buffalo Chicken Dip we make so what if there was a way to make the dip into a roll. Both our dip and the rolls we got are served hot so that wouldn’t work. But then I started thinking, this dip tastes good even once it gets cold, the cheese just isn’t melted then, and I’ve seen wraps cut up on platters before and put it all together!
Well let me just say, they passed my dads seal of approval and I for sure will be making these for events from now on! So easy to travel with as well!
- 1-8 Ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing (Then, I used extra to fill a bowl to dip the pinwheels in)
- 1/2 Cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (You technically can use any type I just like Franks)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Large Chicken Breast, shredded (Directions here)
- Chopped scallion for garnish
- 5- 8 inch tortillas
- Shred chicken per these instructions.
- Mix together cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken. Make sure the bowl is big enough because even softened it takes a bit to mix the cream cheese.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas. You’re going to want to put as much as you can on them but trust me when I say the less the better, just coat the tortillas. On the ones I put too much I had trouble cutting them later on.
- Roll the tortillas as tight as you possibly can, the mixture will act as a glue holding the roll together.
- Cover with saran wrap and let chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, or for longer if you need.
- When ready, take them out of the fridge and cut the rolls into 1/2 inch slices.
- Display on plate and use scallions to garnish the pinwheels!
- Oh and of course, enjoy!
Also, I’m excited to announce Sequins & Strawberries first give away! Enter below to win a $300 Nordstrom gift card!
Happy Monday! A few of my blogger friends and I wanted to kick start your week by joining together to bring you an amazing giveaway – a $300 Nordstrom giftcard!
Are you the one lucky reader? Simply enter via the Rafflecopter widget below!
Prize: $300 Nordstrom gift card
Giveaway open: Monday, September 14 at 12AM PST through Monday, September 21 at 11:59PM PST
Winner announced: Thursday, September 24
Are you a fellow blogger who’d be interested in hosting similar giveaways to help grow your blog? Then, click here to find out how you can join!