- New York life, style, travel & home blogger
DisclosureSequins & Strawberries works with third-party affiliates and advertisers and discloses in each post when a product or post is sponsored, or if something is gifted using c/o. For some affiliate links, I receive a small compensation if you click on a link and are redirected to that site. Although I might receive compensation, all opinions are fully my own.
Filed In: DIY
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Today is the day of wearing green, honoring your Irish heritage and drinking ungodly amounts of beer. Or in my case I shall be relaxing and eating candy (anyone want to join?!).
But I wanted to make a fun DIY for St. Patrick’s Day that was easy yet looked really good. These little skittle rainbow cups were the perfect choice! If you’re in a jam they’re fast enough to be thrown together today for a party tonight or as a nice surprise for your family or friends.
I made four of these cute little cups from the supplies listed below.
- 4 -9 oz plastic cups to make your rainbows
- 6 of the plastic cups to sort the Skittles and marshmallows in, but you can use anything cup or dish to sort them
- I used 48 gold plastic coins but you can also use chocolate coins (Amount will vary based on size of coins)
- 2- 14 oz bags of Skittles
- 1- 10oz bag of marshmallows (I used about 3/4’s of it but you can always put more on top)
- 4 little plastic goody bags
- 4 pieces of ribbon to tie goody bags shut
- Sort Skittles by color into plastic cups.
3. Take a handful of each Skittle color, going in rainbow order (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Purple), and put them into each cup on top of the marshmallow pile until each color is layered in the cup.
4. Take each cup and gently slide them into a goody bag. I say slide because I found when I dropped them in the Skittles fell out of the cup into the bottom of the bag.
5. Now take another handful of the marshmallows and place them on top of the Skittles. These are the cloud at the end of the rainbow! Try to make sure no marshmallows fall in between the cup and the goody bag.
6. Now secure each goody bag with a piece of the ribbon, making sure to tie them tightly so nothing falls out of the bags.
7. Share and enjoy! Or don’t share, but still enjoy!
What are everyone’s St. Patrick’s Day plans?