And here we go with zoodle recipe number 2! For this attempt I wanted to try making the zoodles without cooking them in red sauce because that was how I made it the first two times. I love seafood (as you all know already) so I figured shrimp scampi was a great option, plus who doesn’t love cooking with wine? Two dashes into the dish, two pours into your glass. It’s perfect.
- About 20 large shrimp- I left my tails on because I think it looks better and I’e read that it adds more flavor when cooking them.
- 1 zucchini per person
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter- I used a dairy free butter
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper- you can add more or less depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/2 cup of a dry white wine-I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Then, you can add 1 tbsp of lemon juice but we left it out.
- Peel your zucchini so that when you make the zoodles they look more like noodles. When you don’t peel them, some of the noodles will have the green skin on them. Spiralize your zoodles and place in a bowl.
- Heat a sauce pan and add the butter and olive oil to the pan. As the butter heats it will foam up, at this point add in the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Saute the garlic for a minute and then add in the shrimp, making sure the shrimp are evenly spread out in the pan. Let the shrimp cook for a minute.
- Then, add in the wine, coating the shrimp in the mixture of wine, butter, oil, and garlic. Increase the heat to high, allowing the mixture to boil for a few minutes.
- Flip the shrimp and let cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Using a spoon gently remove the shrimp from the mixture, make sure you’re careful to not burn yourself.
- Add in the zoodles to the mixture, stir to completely coat the zoodles, and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the zoodles into bowls, separating into even amounts.
- Place the shrimp on top of the zoodles and pour any remaining mixture from the pan onto the zoodles and shrimp.
- Sprinkle the parsley and lemon (if you choose to use them) onto the different bowls, stir and serve!