It’s a lot easier to write this post after the warm weather we had this weekend because before it just hadn’t felt like summer was on it’s way. Trying to think of summer essentials while grabbing a sweater every time you leave the door is a bit tricky, but thankfully the weather is finally warming up!
What are your summer essentials?
1) Sunscreen: This has become my number 1 summer essential in the past two years. Ever since I had a skin cancer scare I now wear SPF 50 and embrace my milky whiteness (and spray tans haha!). This is the actual sunscreen I’ve been using this year, I like it because it’s not greasy so I don’t mind reapplying it on my face.
2) Bronzer: Since I’m not getting tan from the sun I need something to help give me a little boost. My favorite is Bobbi Brown bronzer in Golden Light . I think it gives the most natural little glow.
3) White jeans: What is more summery than white jeans?! They go with everything and I just love how fresh and clean white pants look. I really want a pair of ripped white jeans, I think they take a classic look and make it a bit edgier.
4) Denim shorts: I love denim shorts for the summer. I’m a big jeans fan but sometimes it is just too hot, so these offer the same benefits as jeans, such as going with everything, but not the heat. I don’t have this exact pair but I have a pair that is similar.
5) Cute floppy hat: This pairs along with my SPF 50. I have this hat in black and okay fine I also ordered it in tan, but let me tell you it was so worth it (it’s on sale right now!). This hat is the best one I’ve found so far, and I’ve tried on a lot of them. If you look at the picture you’ll see that the weave is looser on the brim of the hat, this keeps it from getting bent out of shape. But seriously, you can even pack it! Plus the brim is pretty big so it covers your face pretty well, which means no skin cancer or wrinkles!
6) Pretty sandals: I love having a pretty pair of sandals each summer for when I don’t want to wear heels and these were too cute to resist!
7) Simple sundress: Sundresses are basically the best things in the world. They are so easy to throw on and look put together, not to mention they’re normally pretty comfortable. I bought this one to wear to my birthday, you can see that post here!
8) A fun outdoor game: I truly live for warm weather since I am constantly cold. There is nothing better than being about to be outside all day and night. I have trouble sitting still though, so a fun game to get everyone involved in is always a good idea. Cornhole is always a crowd favorite. Another good one is Kan Jam.
9) A pool or beach: I grew up having a pool and living 15 minutes away from a beach so I don’t think I could ever live somewhere that didn’t have one. Chalk it up to not being able to sit still again. This picture is actually from Long Beach where I go!
10) Sunglasses: My eyes are super sensitive to the sun so if I’m outside I need sunglasses or I’ll be squinting the entire time. This past weekend I had on my SPF 50, floppy hat, and these sunglasses!
Check out the other bloggers who participated this month also:
26 and Not Counting
Alyssa J Freitas
soak and simmer
The Not Quite Adult
The Yuppie Files
Feathers and Stripes
Sunny Side Up
Rose Colored Water
Fashion to a T
Emilie Lima Burke
Ember & March
with love from ellie
Mint Julep Girl
Love Peace and shimmer
Little Wild Heart
Luv in the Bubble
Perfect Enough For Us
LIFE BY BRI
Dreams and Colour Schemes
Sequins & Strawberries
Pattern Me Pretty
Beauty and the Pitch
White Oak Creative
The Toppy Top
In The Grey
Cooper + Thames
Mrs. on the Move
What are your Summer Essentials?!
Come follow along for more Sequins & Strawberries!