I promised recipes made with the spiralizer and here is my first one! For this one we wanted to keep it simple and classic and what is more classic than spaghetti and meatballs? But since we are trying to eat healthy we put a better spin on both by instead making turkey meatballs and zoodles! The meal was delicious guys. Like really good. I don’t mean to toot my own horn here but Bill and I really enjoyed this recipe.
We made a ton of extra meatballs so they could be eaten during the week, so just keep that in mind when figuring out the numbers for the recipe. This amount made nine decently big meatballs, so if you made smaller ones you could get a much higher number out of the recipe.
If anyone wants me to attempt a video on how to use the spiralizer let me know!
- 2 Zucchini’s (About one per person)
- Jar of tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, egg and breadcrumbs. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Then, add the ground turkey, making sure to thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together.
- Using your hands form the mixture into even sized balls.
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray and then place the meatballs onto the tray, making sure to space them out.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking spiralize your zucchinis. You can either peel them for a more realistic looking pasta, or leave the skin on like I did.
- When there is about 5 minutes left for your meatballs heat the tomato sauce in a frying pan on the stovetop.
- After 2 minutes, add the zoodles, stirring them and making sure they are completely coated with sauce. Do this for the remaining three minutes and then remove from the burner. You don’t want to leave them on for more than 3-4 minutes because the zucchinis will get watery.
- Remove the meatballs from the over and serve all together.
What is your favorite zoodle recipe?